Home Staging Accreditation
HSA Accredited Stager Programme
The Home Staging Association is proud to announce the launch of the HSA Accredited Programme, aimed at Staging professionals and companies that are looking to differentiate themselves.
The HSA Accreditation Programme paves the way for a more recognised and credible industry, demonnstrating to clients and partners that we have achieved high standards of knowledge and experience.
Please find more information below on criteria, how to apply and benefits.
What is the HSA Accreditation
HSA Accreditation is a process whereby an HSA Accredited Stager is assessed against predetermined criteria and standards to show they have reached the required level of expertise in Home Staging.
The HSA Accreditation is available to members of the Home Staging Association who are active in the industry, having undertaken appropriate training and/or gathered a significant portfolio that reflects their experience and credibility.
Why it is important to have an Accreditation
Gaining accreditation demonstrates to clients and partners that you have achieved high standards of knowledge and experience. Accreditation is the next step for members who are looking to differentiate themselves and gain market share by using the accreditation process to benchmark themselves.
Benefits of Accreditation
All the existing HSA member benefits plus:
- HSA Accredited Stager status
- Use of HSA Accredited Stager logo
- Certificate of HSA Accredited Stager
- Professional recognition and benchmarking
- Reputation building
Who can apply - Criteria
The HSA Accreditation is available for HSA members.
You can apply as an individual or as a company, in which case a representative will have to be appointed.
Accreditation Criteria - Applying as an individual
To begin your journey to become an HSA Accredited Stager, you must:
- Be an HSA Member
- Have undergone home staging training by a recognised provider
- Submit portfolio of 4 home staging projects in the last 12 months
- Evidence of tracking of success of projects
- Evidence 20 CPD hours
- To make payment of a non-refundable process fee of £350 (non-applicable for Founding Members of the first round of Accreditation applications)
When applying as an individual, you will need to choose at least one of the categories from the options below:
- Home Staging Accreditation
- Project Management Accreditation
- Interior Styling Accreditation
- Marketing Accreditation
- Business Management Accreditation
You can apply for more than one category. The first category will be charged £350. All subsequent applications for other categories will be charged £200 each.
Accreditation Criteria - Applying as a Company
To begin your journey to become an HSA Accredited Staging Company, you must:
- Be an HSA Member
- Have 75% of staging employees/directors that have undergone home staging training by a recognised provider
- Submit company portfolio of 6 home staging projects within the last 12 months with case studies
- Evidence of tracking of success of projects
- Evidence CPD hours as below:
- 30 CPD hours up to 3 employees
- 40 CPD hours 4-8 employees
- Over 8 employees - on application
- To make payment of a non-refundable process fee of £450.
The criteria for approval will be public so the member can ascertain whether they need to gather more information, experience or training before applying
The member chooses one (or more) category under which they would like to apply and submits their application for Accreditation.
(If the professional is not an HSA Member yet, they must apply for a membership prior to the Accreditation application. To apply for a membership, you can visit this page).
Once the application has been received, the HSA will analyse it against the criteria and verify if the member meets the established requirements
HSA approves the application or gives feedback as to why it has been declined, with suggestions on what needs to be accomplished to achieve the accreditation.
(Please scroll down if you wish to apply).
Recognised training courses providers - 2021
The following training providers offer courses that currently count towards the Accreditation. If your course is not listed below and you would still like to apply, please contact us:
- House Doctor®
- Interior Design courses
- Propertymark courses
- Staging Studio
All HSA Accredited Staging Company are required to undertake a number of hours of CPD activity in each accreditation year, all of which should be recorded.
CPD activities can be Structured or Unstructured (see below).
Should Structured activities prove to be a challenge due to location or force majeure, please specify it on your application for our assessment.
To record your annual CPD hours, please download the HSA CPD Log template (available on application).
CPD ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- HSA events – courses, workshops, webinars and conferences;
- IAHSP®/IAHSP®EU events – courses, workshops, webinars and conferences;
- CPD offered by Property, Interiors and/or Home Staging CPD Providers – whether live events or online learning;
- Other live events with clear learning objectives – courses, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Online learning and/or webinars with learning objectives;
- An accredited or academic course or training that has a clear relationship to Home Staging and its practice;
- Formal teaching – developing and delivering learning for others that includes clear learning objectives;
- Coaching or mentoring a Home Staging student or intern with formal tracking of the outputs;
- Authorship – writing, or submitting a significant contribution to, an article, manual or book that is published for a professional audience.
- Volunteering on the HSA Committee;
- Participating in a panel discussion at a live event, such as an exhibition, or a trade show;
- Giving a talk or participating in a panel discussion or as a speaker at a live event, such as an exhibition, or a trade show;
- Giving a talk or participating in an online event about Home Staging, such as a webinar or a live Q&A;
- Attending exhibitions and/or trade shows that are Property, Interiors and/or Home Staging related;
- Reading property related magazines, journals and books;
- Reading interiors related magazines, journals and books;
- Listening to property, home staging and/or interiors related podcasts.
In the case of a successful application, the HSA will notify the member via email.
The now Accredited member will receive a Welcome Pack containing:
- Welcome Letter
- Accredited Logo
- Accredited Certificate
- CPD Log Template
In the event that a member does not meet the Accreditation requirements, the HSA will contact them directly to advise why they did not meet the criteria, with detailed suggestions that aim to assist the member with the standards required.
Accreditation is valid for 2 years from the date of certification. Accreditation can be renewed for a further 2-year period by completing the online accreditation renewal procedure and upon payment of the renewal fee.
When applying to renew an accreditation, applicant members are required to provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities undertaken during the previous years.
Please click here to read the Frequently Asked Questions regarding our Accreditation Programme.
Terms & Conditions
Please click here to read the Terms and Conditions of the HSA Accreditation Programme.
We can assist you. If even after reading all details carefully you still have any questions, please contact us - we are here to help!